Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spell Hunter (Faery Rebels #1)

When I first saw the cove of this book I thought it was going to be a silly little children's book, like something that I would read in elementary school or something...boy was I wrong!! This was anything BUT a children's book!! It was DEFINITELY meant for teenagers. This book starts off with one of my favorite YA book themes...Faeries!!! From the very beginning it just got BETTER and better!! When I first started this book I thought that the back cover was wrong, since I didn't realize I was reading about Knife, I thought I was reading about another character. You learn a bit later that she changes her name to Knife, which makes sense with the story, obviously. Knife travels outside her home, Oakwyld, and discovers Paul, after almost being killed by a crow of course, and after she gets trapped inside his house, starts befriending him. This is of course directly disobeying the Faerie Queen, but Knife doesn't care, she's not afraid of anything, and actually, befriending Paul may just save them both. This is a gripping tale that will leave you wanting more, and thankfully there is a sequel!!! This is a one-of-a-kind story that I could not put down and truly loved. It was unlike any other story I had ever read, since in this one, the faeries had lost almost all their magic mysteriously years ago, instead of most others where all faeries may have too MUCH magic. I really enjoyed this story and so would most anyone else. Overall grade...A.

No comments:

Post a Comment