Saturday, March 6, 2010

Seven Tears Into The Sea

First off, i have to say that I read this book YEARS ago. And even though I did, I LOVED it!!! I distinctly remember that. I also distinctly remember that this was the first book I ever read about stalkers...well sort of. At first the book begins with Gwen Cooke being ten years old and being saved by this mysterious creature from the ocean. Then seven years later, she returns to the sea to help her grandmother with her bed and breakfast for the summer. She quickly meets Jesse, and (of course) falls in love with him, there is no doubt about it, the problem is, she knows practically NOTHING about him!! She quickly does learn things about him...things she'd rather not know now that she an obligation to fulfill, since he just so happens to be a selkie. Though the reader may THINK they have figured out this story, they are wayyy off (I know I was!!) and sadly while the ending will leave you craving more, there will sadly never be a sequel. The best part about this book however, for me, was that it was the first book I ever read about Selkie's. Since then I have read one or two tales, but nothing compares even remotely to this book. Though it might be more appropriate on the British Isles or something, have a Selkie story on the beach in California just made it that much more special. Overall grade...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment