Friday, June 25, 2010

Third Warped Musing

I was reading the book The Sky Always Hears Me And The Hills Don't Mind the day before I had my audition at UWF and the night I got home I had this very odd dream. I couldn't remember all of it but what I did somehow made me connect the book and what happened before my audition. I kept thinking "why do this sound so familiar?" I thought about how I was sitting there waiting for my audition and I kept going over my monologue and kept going up to where my mom and friend were waiting and kept coming back down, and one time I came back down wearing a different shirt, pretty early on actually, and this guy started talking to me. He told me how I was going to do great and I had nothing to worry about I knew he was a musical theatre major and I told him how of course he'd say that, he's not only a guy auditioning for theatre but also for musical theatre!! It's not like there are a ton of guys comfortable enough to sing and act!! At the time I didn't think anything of it, but I realized he'd been on the campus tour with me and went to FTC with me as well!! Then it dawned on me that (if I get accepted) I'll be seeing him a LOT next year as well!! For some reason my brain connected this to The Sky Always Hears Me And The Hills Don't Mind when it came to Morgan and Rob!! The thing is, someone asked me "who do you like right now?" And I had to seriously think about it, not knowing who, and turning out there wasn't any!! Then I thought of this random nice guy I met, the one who's name I didn't even know, and realized that maybe the reason he kept smiling at me and reassuring me was because he thought that when I see him in the fall he'll remember me and I'll remember him and not only will I have already made a friend, but an important one since I'll be so involved in theatre and so will he. So in a way (no matter how weird) my brain connected how Rob and Morgan worked together and ended up a couple and so somehow with enough time apparently my brain says so will this guy who's name I don't know and me. The saddest part is that I only know he's from Miami and what school he goes too!! I don't even know his name!! What's even worse is that he knows mine (and how to pronounce it correctly) and what area of theatre I went out for...including my private tour of the theatre that blew me away!!! This theatre is AMAZING I can't imagine going anywhere else!! It is just PERFECT for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment