Saturday, June 26, 2010

Candor

I read this book and though I have seen a LOT of really good reviews for this book, and I would have agreed while reading most of the book, the farther into it I got, the more predictable the ending became. Sadly that made me kind of lose interest, though I still wanted to see how everything would end up, and sadly I was right about my predictions. This book revolves around Oscar Banks. His father owns and runs Candor, Florida. He controls everyone, even his own son, or so he thinks, using subliminal messages. Oscar however, discovered these messages and started making some of his own. He would help get some teens out, but for a price, and then when Nia comes to town, he has to make a choice, either let her become another Candor teen, or help her escape and lose her forever. When Oscar gets closer to her, he starts giving her his own messages, keeping her like she is while making sure she won't rat him out. When Sherman, the most annoying kid in the history of fictional characters, fails to leave Candor when he's supposed to and gets caught trying to run away, Oscar must make some quick decisions as to whether his love for Nia is worth the risk of being sent to the Listening Room, where all his messages he made for himself, all his memories of Nia, and so much else, will be erased. Overall this book was good but not the best, I did like so so my grade will have to be a B.

No comments:

Post a Comment