Friday, June 11, 2010

First Warped Musing

So I never realized just how hard it would be to make a header and a background and make sure everything look REALLY good on your blog. THANKFULLY I had a BIT of help along the way from my awesome step-sister who has her own blog and websites from experienced bloggers. If you couldn't tell by now, I LOVE books a LOT, they are one of my favorite things and besides my cats and dogs, and friends and THEATRE they are my LIFE!!! So of course last night I stayed up until THREE in the morning finishing this AMAZING book called Fat Cat by Robin Brande and t came out in Oct. 2009. I have to say, at first I didn't think I would LOVE it, I know I shouldn't judge books by their cover but I did, and I was SOOOO wrong!! This book was awesome. It follows this girl Cat, o her journey to no only lose a LOT of weight and compete in the Science Fair at her school, but to discover why she felt the need to go on a kick butt diet. It may seem odd at first glance but is DEFINITELY worth reading!! I loved how a lot of people in high school today can relate to Cat, since our whole society struggle with weight and appearance everyday!! This book hits home for a ton of people, not only or weight issues, but also because so many people (girls and boys alike) struggle with liking themselves daily. High school puts a TON of pressure on EVERYONE, from appearance, to grades, to how you act, so many things!!This book really shows how to overcome your fears and just be yourself, since that's the only way you're going to like who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment