Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Secret Year

This book was good, it had situations that many people want while at the same time they think they want but really don't. When you begin this book Colt had been dating a girl named Julia for a year and she had just died, then it goes on to explain how he felt about her, what she felt about him, tons of other things, mainly about his trying to sort out not only his feelings he still had for this dead girl but feelings for others around him, especially when her younger brother gives him her journal about all the nights they shared together. In a way you can both love and hate Colt. You can love him for falling for someone, but hate him for not giving it up, getting past it, moving on, but that's only because we do the same. The best part about this book, is that anyone who has ever loved, or even just liked someone from afar, up close, anything, and lost them somehow, feels the way he does, even if it's just for a moment, and that is what made me like this book. Though at times this book drove me nuts and had me wanting to throw it, it was only because I knew that if I loved someone, the way Cole did, and they died unexpectedly, or if they were with someone else while with me, I'd act almost the same way. We do crazy things when we're in love. We just can't help ourselves. Overall (and because we can all relate) I'd give this book an B+ mainly because he just wouldn't let her go and it drove me nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment