Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Viola In Reel Life

Sadly when I first read this title I didn't really realize what this book would be about, but I quickly found out it was not at all like what it seemed either. Viola has been shipped off to an all girls boarding school. Not because she did something horrible or anything, but because her parents are film makers and are off in Afghanistan making a documentary. Viola doesn't really understand why she can't go with them and a small part of her resents them for that. This story was one that I found that most anyone could relate too since a lot of people feel left out by their parents at least once in their lives and most people have boyfriend or girlfriend problems at least once in their life as well. Viola is rooming with three other girls and over the course of the story they seem to really come together which is something that I really enjoyed reading. I loved how Viola went through things that most people go through on a regular basis like school, fights with friends or parents, and most of all, trying to achieve something great and to make something of yourself. I think that is something that almost everyone strives for at least part of the time in their lives and reading about Viola really doing that in her video diaries and in her life really touched me. I loved how the author added in a little mix of mystery with the lady in red in the book, that seemed to make it even better. So, overall grade...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment