Sunday, April 11, 2010

Taken By Storm

When I first picked up this book I'm not entirely sure what I expected. What I got however, was definitely not what I thought. I thought this book would be all about Michael and Lessie falling in love even though she's a Mormon who has these rules that are a mile long. I was so wrong though. It was more about Michael finding his way back to sanity Lessie finding a way to deal with her strict religion and her heart's desires. I actually enjoyed this book much more then I originally thought also because it describes it as such a star-crossed lovers type when really it's not. Lessie's parent's know that she is dating Michael and they even allow her out with him. They don't hate him whatsoever even though he isn't a Mormon and doesn't follow any rules now that his parents died in the violent hurricane that only he survived. This book takes you back to the heart of the storm Michael was in and the real truth that Lessie has been hiding from even herself. Though i have to admit there were some issues I had with book. Number one was it was kind of boring in parts, and you just wanted to skip things sometimes. Also Lessie seemed to give up and give in too easily when it came to anything Michael related sometimes, even though she always stopped it just didn't seem realistic. Other then a few minor issues this book was actually pretty well written and not a bad story at all. Overall grade...C+

No comments:

Post a Comment