Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sleepless

This book, I'm sad to say, was really bad. I thought it would be scary, a thriller. Something more then it was. The idea behind it was alright, but was executed very poorly. The only good character, was Jake, and that was because he smoked pot all the time and got in trouble. It was the most exciting part of the book, him getting in trouble...well that or the girl who randomly smashed a guys face in with a book. That, i have to admit, was pretty entertaining, but it wasn't good enough to make me love this book. There was a lot of quick chapters, so the book definitely wasn't long at all, and though the prologue definitely caught my interest, it slowly dwindled until I basically didn't want to really finish it. I have to say good attempt, bad execution, try again next time?? The good point of this book however, was the author's writing was fairly decent. The plot may have bombed, but at least the writing was alright!! So, I'm sad to say, overall grade...C-

No comments:

Post a Comment