Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ice (Ice Baby!!)

So, when I first started reading Ice I thought to myself "I can get on board with a talking polar bear...but falling in love with one?????" *Skeptical Eyebrow Raise* "Suuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeee." But as I read the book, I found that I could believe it. Since that was what was happening. Bear (real original) was already in love with Cassie (the human) and Cassie quickly fell in love with Bear, without even realizing it. The thing that made it as unbelievably believable, was that she didn't just fall in love with him immediately, it took her time, which is something most books don't do anymore, the boy and girl always fall in deep everlasting love with each other at the end...every stinking time!! This book however, was different. This time, she fell in love with Bear in the beginning, and at the end, realized just how much she loved her soul mate. I especially loved this book because Cassie fought with Bear, she didn't just agree with everything he offered, and actually disliked his actions at times. The other part of this book that I LOVED was how Cassie went on this intricate (and beautifully described) journey all over to save Bear from her own selfish indulgences. This story follows Cassie through the Arctic land, to the Arctic Sea, and all over so many other places, all the way to the end of the world. I loved this story mainly because it took my original judgements of creepy polar bear "love" and turned it into a story that I loved and would read over and over again. Overall grade...A!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment