Thursday, July 1, 2010

After

I literally just finished this book a few hours ago, and all I can say is that I loved it. Plain and simple, it was AMAZING, yet it was also terrifying, hard-hitting, and so much more. The main character, Devon Davenport, leaves her baby in a trash bag outside in Tacoma Washington, to die. It follows Devon through her beginning stint in a juvenile rehab facility of sorts, through her court trial, and so much more. You may not learn to the T why Devon did what she did, but eventually you do find out a lot more about how it all happened, and what went on while she was denying that she was pregnant to everyone, even herself. I really loved this book, even though it was disturbing and kind of creepy at parts, I loved the descriptiveness the author brought out, even when it was about the birth or Karma's freak out. The words I'd usually use to decribe this book, just don't do it justice. So I have to just say, overall grade...A+!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment